BEFORE SUBMITTING TO US: Is your work currently exclusive to Giuseppina Magazine? Please note that we do not print editorials that have previously been featured in print (including outtakes from previously published sets), batch submissions, or submissions that have been released publicly through any form of media including facebook, twitter, tumblr, instagram, model mayhem, etc.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR: Creative, innovative and engaging content that is of caliber and coincides with our overall aesthetic and inspiration provided in our mood-boards. If you have any questions about our current mood-boards and themes, please feel free to e-mail us.
HOW TO SEND SUBMISSIONS: Attach low resolution files to an e-mail send to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for review. Do not send compressed files, download links or zip files otherwise your e-mail will be overlooked. Low resolution files must be 1000 pixels wide, please note we may also ask to see high-res to ensure print quality before accepting. If you send a PDF file or Contact Sheet, the file size of the images within must be large enough for us to properly view. If approved you will receive an acceptance notification with further instructions on how to submit your files in high resolution, we will also follow up with a confirmation notice once the hi-resolution files have been received.
(1.) Submitted work must be exclusive, unpublished, and unreleased
(2.) A minimum of images 4-6 images are required for beauty editorials and a minimum of 6-8 images are required for fashion editorials. Our maximum allotment of images is 15
(3.) Editorials must include multiple looks (a 2-3 minimum is requested). Single look submissions are accepted on an individual basis
(4.) Editorials must include a variety of compositions, poses and shots.
RESPONSES: If we do not respond within 2-3 business days your content has unfortunately not been approved for our print edition. We do encourage you to submit again in the future, however we are unable to respond to contributors that haven't been approved. Announcements regarding the release date are always made publicly, we are unable to provide an exact release date until the deadline date has passed.
ARTWORKS: We always welcome and accept traditional artworks, all mediums welcome: painting, drawing, digital, mix-media, sculpture, etc. You must be able to provide print-quality images of your work to be considered for print. Your artwork does not need to be exclusive or unpublished to be featured. We will require a minimum of at least two artworks. The context of your pieces must somehow coincide with the theme, either in the subject matter, color palette, aesthetic or mood. For consideration please contact us via e-mail with samples.
QUESTIONS: Please see the F.A.Q directly below for answers to some of our frequent asked questions, if you have further questions in regard to the submission process or publication please contact us.
1. Can you pay? No, unfortunately we do not offer compensation for content provided, Giuseppina Magazine is a contributors-based publication originally created for artists by artists and we work in a highly collaborative manner to publish and showcase.
2. Can I get a free copy? No, complimentary print copies are not available to contributors, Giuseppina Magazine is currently a print-on-demand publication and copies are printed on a 'made-to-order' basis via Magcloud. We can only provide digital tear sheets of your feature.
3. You didn't respond to my submission? We accept submissions within 2-3 business days. If you did not receive a response within a week then we have unfortunately decided that your work is not a good fit for the current theme or overall publication.
4. Where can I buy a print or digital copy? Copies are available in our Magcloud store. For direct purchase links please click on the 'Magazine' navigation tab above to shop.
5. Can you tell me what images you will be featuring? No, unfortunately we will not be able to pre-select images for our layout. Features are composed collectively once the issue is being compiled and we require flexibility in our image selection.
6. Do you print underage models? Yes, we will include and encourage creative youth, however express permission as well as a signed release sent directly from their legal guardian is required.